AXA IM Alts, a global leader in alternative investments with c. €157 billion of assets under management, announces that its market leading Real Assets platform1 significantly progressed its strategic priorities of further geographic expansion and capital deployment in 2020 despite the backdrop of the global pandemic. The business completed €9.7 billionof real estate equity transactions on behalf of clients in 2020 compared to €6.5 billion in 20192, comprising €7.6 billion of acquisitions and €2.1 billion of disposals. Its real estate equity assets under management exceeded €76 billion by the year end, up 6% from the previous year2 .
· High levels of capital deployed into primarily high conviction future economy sectors, against the backdrop of the global pandemic
· Almost c. €7 billion invested into alternative and residential asset classes, reflecting increased investor appetite for these sectors
· France, Japan, the UK and the US were the top markets for deployment including a record 21% into Asia Pacific
· Focus for 2021 places ESG at the heart of investment thesis to help affect positive changes in society and future-proof assets
· Continued focus on acquiring best-in-class operational real estate assets supported by strong structural drivers
· Significant and complex transactions including platform acquisitions demonstrate 360-degree approach to investing
· Strong development platform with c. €8 billion pipeline across 75 projects currently underway
All figures are as of end 2020, unless otherwise specified, and sourced from AXA IM Alts’ unaudited data. All figures correspond to real estate equity transactions only.
Source : Company