The biggest names in commercial property sector gathered at the Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Center in Warsaw, Poland last night for The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 42nd European Shopping Centre Awards. The awards, held immediately following ICSC’s European Conference, fall under the illustrious umbrella of ICSC Global Awards and presented four shopping centres with the coveted award in categories celebrating the best in Europe’s new developments, established centres and regeneration. The Awards also granted commendation to three further centres with for their noteworthy refurbishments/expansions works. With a reputation for recognising excellence in retail destinations throughout the world, ICSC Europe awarded the following centres and developers/owners for their distinction and dominance in the marketplace:
- New Developments – Small: Promenade Sainte-Catherine in Bordeaux, France
- New Developments – Medium/large: Polygone Riviera in Cagnes sur Mer, France
- Established Centres: Europark Salzburg in Salzburg, Austria
- Regeneration Award – Small: Weberzeile in Ried im Innkreis, Austria. The Regeneration Award is only given when the ICSC Shopping Centre Awards Jury agrees that a project, developer, architect, manager or retailer committed to long-term sustainable development.
In addition, the ICSC European Shopping Centres Award Jury recognised three further centres
- New Developments – Medium/large (Commendation): Forum Lviv in Lviv, Ukraine
- Refurbishment/Expansions – Medium (Commendation): Gelderlandplein in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Refurbishment/Expansions – Large/Extra large (Commendation): Aleja Bielany in Kobierzyce, Poland
The distinguished jury members sought out to honour shopping centres that have set a new standard of excellence in the European marketplace and have had an influence on the global perspective of retail destinations.
Chair of the Jury, João Correia de Sampaio, Executive Director of Property Management and Leasing at Sonae Sierra Portugal, commented: “I am honoured to have chaired the jury for the 42nd ICSC European Shopping Centre Awards, particularly amongst such remarkable peers. We faced the challenge of choosing one winner for each category as the shortlist contained impressive developments with all demonstrating various aspects of best-practice. We are privileged to have awarded the winners this year and commend all entries on this achievement”.
Bill Kistler, Executive Vice President & Managing Director – EMEA at ICSC, stated “This year’s ICSC European Conference and Shopping Centre Awards were particularly special as this was the first time in a decade that the conference was held in Warsaw. The immense growth within the CEE commercial property market is evident – as seen with two Eastern European centres being honoured at the Awards this year. ICSC Europe prides itself at being at the helm of industry trends and the Awards honoured the retail destinations that set the bar. Congratulations to all winners and shortlisted centres, owners, developers and architects” .
Source : ICSC